1. Lay out the corkboard on a clean work surface. With your pencil, mark the top and bottom of the can on the corkboard.
2. Hold your ruler up to the first mark and draw a straight line at least 12” long. Repeat the process with your second mark, drawing a line parallel to the first. The lines will create a long strip that will wrap all the way around your can.
3. Cut out the strip with your craft knife.
4. Use your hot glue gun to apply a generous coat of glue to the corkboard strip. Align the strip with the top and bottom of your can, then roll the can as you adhere the corkboard.
5. Cut off the excess corkboard with your craft knife.
6. If finishing with fabric, lay out your fabric print side down. Add 1/2 inch to all 4 sides then cut.
7. Lay fabric onto ironing board with print side down and fold over 1/2" of fabric on all sides (print side will be turned up on the folded area). Iron to make a straight and firm crease. By now your fabric will be the same size as the corkboard.
8. Spread fabric glue evenly over corkboard along top inch, bottom inch, and along the corkboard seam (this is where you will make your fabric seam as well).